There’s nothing worse than seeing a delicious pie at a party and digging in only to realize that it’s a nasty store-bought pie with a terrible crust. I love pies, but I am rarely ever impressed with non-homemade ones. So, when I received the chance to try out some of Mrs. Smith’s Signature Deep Dish pies, I had my doubts.
Mrs. Smith makes 4 different flavors of deep dish pies:
- Signature Deep Dish Dutch Apple Pie with Caramel Sauce
- Signature Deep Dish Cherry Pie with Butter Fudge Sauce
- Signature Deep Dish Peach Pie with Cream Cheese Icing
- Signature Deep Dish Pumpkin Pie with Cream Cheese Icing
The biggest disappointment I had with the pies, was that I had a really hard time finding all of the flavors. I went to various Wal-marts and could only find the Cherry pie with butter fudge sauce. Sadly, I was excited about trying the others, but struck out at each location.
The cherry pie was super easy to bake – I even had my 4-year-old help me get it ready so that he could say he baked his own pie. (Preparation included unwrapping, putting foil on a cookie sheet and cutting slits in the crust.)
The pie came out looking delicious and he was so proud of himself. In addition, it turned out delicious! The crust was golden and flakey. The filling was tart and sweet. Everyone in our family gobbled it down very quickly.
It came with a butter fudge sauce, but we didn’t feel like it was absolutely necessary to the flavor of the pie. We prefered it on it’s own with a little bit of whipped cream. One great thing about the pie is that it is even good leftover. I might have even snuck a piece for breakfast this morning….
Luckily, you don’t have to take my word for it – you can try them yourself! Mrs. Smith’s has given me 4 coupons so that you can try each one! Not only do you get to try out all of the deep dish pies, but they have also given a $50 Williams-Sonoma Gift Card! You can pick up any missing kitchen accessories you might need or you could always get a lovely pie pan and switch your store-bought pie into it after baking…then no one will know you didn’t bake it!
How to Enter:
3 entries possible:
1. Leave a comment letting me know which pie you are the most excited to try and what you would use your Williams Sonoma gift card on.
2. Like Mrs. Smith’s on Facebook and leave a comment letting me know you did it.
3. Follow Mrs. Smith’s on Pinterest and leave a comment letting me know.
The giveaway runs through next weekend – Sun., Jan. 27th, so enter quickly!