This has been quite a different Christmas for us:
- we just moved back to the U.S. only 1 month ago
- we are living in someone else’s house
- we don’t have any of our own Christmas decorations, etc.
In spite of all of these differences, we’ve tried really hard to make this a special holiday for our family.
Here are some of my favorite things we’ve done to make this a special Christmas:
1. We made salt dough ornaments (found the recipe here):
2. We decorated a gingerbread house (yes, we used a kit from the store) and I did let Zander decorate it. As much as I wanted to take over and make it super cute!
3. We made candy – lots and lots of candy (and cookies). We started a tradition a few years ago of getting together to make sweets as a family. Each person brings a recipe and all of the ingredients to make it. Then we get together and make a ridiculous amount of candy, then everyone leaves with a variety of treats. This year we made whoopie pies, peanut butter fudge, puppy chow, caramel, candy sushi, peanut butter cookies, oreo truffles and much, much more.
It’s taken work, but we’ve managed to have a great Christmas season so far and are looking forward to Sunday!
What are some of your Christmas traditions? We are always looking to add more to ours!
No link party this weekend – enjoy your Christmas with your family! Put away your computer and spend some extra time just soaking up the season. Check back in a few weeks for the next link party.